speak memory, speak

So because I've pretty much exhausted all of the major current art exhibitions in glasgow (yay! unemployed graduate!), I was tripping around the smaller galleries to check out what was going on, and came across the Memory exhibition at the Compass gallery. There was an awful lot there, but I really just wanted to post about one artist, Scott McMurdo.


for me personally, McMurdo's piece The Compulsion of Memory sums up the concept of memory perfectly; his work is shadowy and vague, and there is something slightly disquieting about the way he tenderly touches on the loss of memory with the older and younger figure, it feels as if there is so much left unsaid, so many memories hidden amongst the shadows of the room.

nb. the title of this post is to remind me to finish reading Nabokov's memoirs, which I was supposed to read for class about a year ago and still haven't finished now that I've graduated...

No comments:

Post a Comment