public art

I saw this incredible installation, Ring, by Arnaud Lapierre on Phaidon's blog and just had to repost it. 

Exterior view of Ring

Made up entirely of mirrored glass cubes, Ring reflects back a broken and distorted version of the Place Vendome, Paris, to the viewer, showing the historic buildings in an entirely new light. What I love about Lapierre's piece is its dynamism, Ring shows us a constantly changing scenario; it adapts with each passing hour. The public are also free to venture inside Lapierre's installation, with its warped reflections offering an escape into an entirely different world. I've been looking at it for so long that it's given me a bit of a headache, but I like to think that's sort of the desired effect of Ring.

The interior view of Ring

Ring was installed during FIAC 2011, and was on display in Paris's Place Vendome from 20 - 23rd October. 
Hopefully it'll pop up in London soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment